Thursday, January 01, 2009

Blogger Trouble and Update Thrusday

SO I donno what's up with the post from yesterday it's not posting and my pics aren't loading soooo because I'm irritated, Will Power Wednesday will be X'd until next week. 

I hope you all had a fun but safe New Year. 

A little story from last night... I was walking home a little after 12 and this family decided to light fireworks in their backyard. Mind you I live in a not so friendly neighborhood, meaning people get shot. Not only that as I was walking home police cars had cut off a particular street (for what, I don't know exactly, but it had me worried). Anywho two blocks from being inside my safe home these blasted people light their blasted fireworks...I heard the noise, I saw the light and I seriously thought my life was over. I screamed out "OMG, NOOOO", only to hear my boyfriend laughing at my attempt to save my life. Hey man, I'm too young to die.

Update Thrusday
I've been promising you guys a look at the dresses. Now I was very optimistic about searching for dresses because I mean come on, I have great taste. I've seen 27 Dresses and that movie opened my eyes to the fact that no matter how ugly the dress (or the costume) the bride always asks if you're gonna wear it after the wedding...Yeah right, not his chick. So I sought out to look for a dress that the bridesmaids could indeed wear after the wedding. Needless to say that did not happen...Bridesmaids dresses are not that cute. I mean there are some cute styles but it is hard to choose a uniform look for different girls with various body shapes. This isn't my wedding but I refuse to have my sister's pictures ruined because we failed to take into consideration how everyone would look in a particular design. We have girls that are small and some that 
are thick, some that are tall and some that are short. It's hard guys, it's really hard. So here are some of the dresses that I saw something in, not particularly the entire dress just pieces of it.

Is there anything that you see in any of the dress? I would appreciate any suggestions/ thoughts. The basic styles of the dress es are what we are looking at because we will have to alter the tops to suit every individual but still try to maintain a uniformed look altogether. If you like different designs from different dresses let me know because we have having the seamstress who made my prom dress make all the dresses for the wedding. I've seen her work on bridal party dresses and she is great. The best thing she charges very little for top quality work. So YaY me for keeping her number stored in thy phone!













































































































Until next time, 
MM

4 comments:

T said...

Happy New Year Dear! I think strapless dresses usually look good on all body types (when tailored correctly). It looks like you're interested in knee length or tea length dresses, which are very popular right now, so they should be easy to find.

Personally, I'd stay away from flowers and ruffles in a bridesmaid dress just because someone's flower might look pretty and someone else's may look like they have something sticking out of their rear end. LOL!

This is so exciting. Thanks for sharing the journey with the blogosphere.

Product Junkie Diva said...

OHHH I like so many of them...what to choose what to choose..lol
I love the colors too!
Ok I was no help.
PJD

Mrs Count said...

These are beautiful! I agree with Tea, strapless dresses look nice as long as they are the correct size. The dresses with straps are cute, but ladies with smaller boobs won't fill them out as well. I especially like the last 2 dresses.

Mrs Count said...

And your story was funny! OMG Nooooo!