Sunday, November 22, 2009

Moving Out.

The home that I live in right now is the only one that I know. I mean I was born in a different house but I moved into this one when I was going on to 1 years old. (I was a cute baby btw, just thought I'd share that) I know this house like the back of my hand. Every creek, every spot on the wall, every mark on the wood floors, every trick to make things work like magic, this house just belongs to me. When we got new doors and new windows I got upset with everyone because I don't like change. My ideal life would be for everything to never change. I would wear the same pair of sneakers everyday forever if they wouldn't break down on me (Coach Barretts specifically).

So my sister is getting married next year, and of course she will be moving out, but I don't get why she is so excited. I mean I'm excited. I don't have to share my room anymore, I've been sharing it with her since I got out of my crib (true story). I don't have to deal with cleaning up after anyone, I don't have to worry about people telling me that I'm messy when I wanna be. It's gonna be great, I just know it is. But why is she so happy? Can't be for the same reason because she is going to be sharing her room with someone else, lol. So I seriously can't understand.

When I get married, I know I'm going to be besides myself with sadness. I don't want to live anywhere else. I love my house. Me, moving out, I don't think so. It just won't be right. The house would be sooooooo sad without me. I know it would be. And no one can't tell me different. My parents have been complaining a lot lately about moving back to the Caribbean because they can't deal with the cold weather any more. So I suggest that they stick it out until I'm ready to get married. By then the house would be paid off in full, and when I come home from my honeymoon, they would be shipped out to good ol' Trinidad (or Florida, whichever). Yea, I would miss my fam but I truly think I would miss the house a lot more. I don't know how long it would take me to get comfortable in another house. It might take years. So this is my plan. Now all I have to do is convince everyone to go along with it. My father is cool with it, my mommy looks at me like I'm crazy and my bf laughs in my face every time I bring it up or sneak it into a conversation that has nothing to do with the topic of possible homes after our marriage. He has this idea that when he moves out his mother's house he is moving far away from the ghetto. I try to explain to him that I dont live in the ghetto (yea right). My block is full of private homes owned by respectable, hard working old people. He says I live in the old ghetto, lol.

Well you can't blame a girl for trying. I just might be moving out, but I won't do it without a fight.

Until next time,


MM

4 comments:

Product Junkie Diva said...

Awww I like this post girlie. It would be great if you could have that house- awesome idea but ummmm if your mom isn't buying it, it may not fly lol so consider other options. :-)
PJD

CC said...

yea yea yea. I'm looking into other options but it doesn't hurt to have a dreammmmm I suppose.

Linda said...

haha i agree with product junkie. sounds like a good plan though. it would be even better if it actually worked out. or you could always rent it out if its still yours.

CityChick said...

I've read through some of your posts. I really appreciate your openness in discussing your personal dilemma's and such. This post, I can really identify with because the recession has hit every family member and several close friends. Just know that others are more likely than not dealing with similar issues.